Dr.M. Gowri Devi, DPM, MD(Psych)
Dr. M.Gowri Devi is a Director and currently Academic Director and senior consultant at Asha Hospital. After completing her training in Psychiatry at NIMHANS, Bangalore, She worked as Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Osmania Medical College. (1984-1991)
Professor and Head, Department of Psychiatry, Osmania Medical College, Superintendent, Institute of Mental Health & Member Secretary, AP State Mental Health Authority, Hyderabad, State Nodal Officer for Mental Health Programmes. (2004-2012)
Also worked as Professor of Psychiatry at Institute of Mental Health. (1991-2004)
She has been in clinical practice from the last 34 years.
- TEACHING EXPERIENCE: 34 years (1981-2015)
- Teaching DPM (Psych), MD (Psych), MD(Genl.Med), DM(Neuro), Undergraduates of MBBS, Ayurvedic, Unani and Homeopathy and Nursing Students. September 1984 – Nov 1991
- Training DCH, MD(Paed), MBBS and Nursing Students.
- Consultant Psychiatrist, Asha Hospital, Hyderabad.
- Training DNB Students till date.
- Paper Presentations and Publications
- Published 26 Scientific Papers
- Presented papers, delivered guest lectures on Child & Adult Psychiatric disorders in regional, State & National conferences and conducted workshops on behavioral disorders, ADHD, SLD in Regional Conferences in India. Have 26 publications in the peer reviewed journals of Indian Journal of Psychiatry, Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine & A.P. Journal of Psychiatry.
- Membership :
- Vice-President, Hyderabad Psychiatric Society, 1980-90
- Life Fellow of Indian Psychiatric Society (FIPS) 1994
- Life Fellow of Indian Association of Child and Adolescent Mental Health (IACAM)1993
- President of Hyderabad Psychiatric Society 2000-2001
- Vice-President APGDA Unit II 2004 – 2006
- President, Andhra Pradesh Medical Doctors Teaching Faculty Association since 2006
- Life Member, Indian Medical Association.
- President, Indian Psychiatric Society, A.P. Chapter 2006- 2007
- Chairperson, « Child and Adolescent Mental Health » Task Force of Indian Psychiatric Society 2009 – 2011
- Chairman of IPS Task Force for Women Mental Health 2007 - 2009
- Convenor Child and Adolescent Mental Health 2011- 2012.
- Member, Academic Council of NIMHANS, Bangalore – 2008 - 2015
- AWARDS & ORATIONS :
- Dr. D.S.Raju Memorial Oration Award, APPSYCON: Kurnool, 11th,12th,July 2015
- HUTS ORATION – “Ralationships in Psychiatry” – Hyderabad -2012
- Dr. Sajja Sudhakar Rao Memorial Oration Award, IMA: Chirala-2011
- “Vaidya Ratna Award”- by Megacity Navakala Vedika: Hyderabad- 2006
- “WHO & WHO” of contemporary Achievement for the century by American Biographic Institution, North Carolina-1998
- “Vikas Ratna Award” – by International Friendship Society of India, June-1991