Patient safety being a very important aspect of quality care we adhere to the following patient safety guidelines :
- Access controlled doors are placed on all the floors to maintain safety and prevent patient escape from the wards.
- Security personnel stationed on each floor, baggage check of each person to prevent carrying of metal and sharp items such as scissors , knife, glass mirrors, glass bottles etc.
- Patients posted for ECT are identified with red-coloured wristbands.
- Glass mirrors, windows among other such breakable items are not used in the patient wards.
- Grab bars and anti-skid floor mats, anti-skid strips on staircases are provided in all patient areas to prevent accidental falls.
- Loose cables & curtains are not present in the wards to prevent the chance of self-harm.
- Hot water is supplied at the optimal temperature to prevent scalding injuries.
- For all patients , a thorough fall risk assessment is done for early identification and prevention of falls, Posters are placed for patient and attenders education.
- Facility rounds are carried out, all the potential hazards for the patients are addressed immediately. The corrective actions are taken after discussion in the Safety Committee.
- Patients shall be made to feel at ease in the Hospitals by providing ready assistance in case of a need and making them aware of the assistance available to them.
- Bedside railing shall be provided to prevent the patients from falling off the bed.
- Patient’s belongings shall be kept within easy reach.
- Nurses’ call system is available at each bedside within easy reach of the patient to call the nurses in case of Patients.
- The nurse shall check on the medicines before administering them to the patient.
- All the bottles and containers shall be labelled and locked.
- Caution warnings or signs are labelled against toxic substances.
- Care is taken while carrying out the following techniques – turning a patient towards and away from the nurses, lifting the patient from a bed etc.
- Wheel chair or stretchers are fixed in place by locking the wheel while assisting a patient on/off the chair.
- Safety belts or side rails shall be used to protect the patients from falling while transporting.
SAFETY AGAINST PESTS AND RODENTS
Pests and rodents are potential dangers for medical records, drugs, patients and employees. Hence, adequate measures are taken to control pests and rodents inside the hospital environment. The pest and rodent control activities are outsourced to Infopest.
SAFETY RULES OF ASHA HOSPITAL:
- Only authorized personnel shall handle the equipment concerned
- Signages are available at each location. Every person in the hospital shall pay attention to the signboards to know the potential hazards at each place.
- Employees shall extend their co-operation to the safety and the infection control committee
- Employees shall report the breakdowns, repairs etc. if any, in their department to the concerned person
- Any event affecting safety shall be brought to the notice of the Hospital Safety Officer immediately
- A station for patients comfort with social distancing during a pandemic is placed on the ground floor.
- Every patient who is advised for admission needs to produce a vaccination certificate.
- Prior to any procedure, every patient is tested for covid.
- All the rooms are thoroughly sanitised before admission and after discharge.
- All the employees are completely vaccinated.
- During all the procedures, doctors, staff and patients are equipped with PPEs for the safety of Patients.
- Over-Crowding is minimised during this pandemic and Teleconsultations are also being undertaken by all consultants.
- To restrict the flow of attendees and visitors in view of the pandemic, Only one attendee is allowed.
- It is Mandatory for Doctors, Staff and Patients to wear a mask in and around the Hospital. Hand sanitisers and Hand wash are arranged in every floor.
S.no. Committee Chairperson Convenors
|2||Internal complaints committee||Dr.O.Jyothi||Dr.Swetha Reddy|
|3||Quality Improvement Committee||Dr.K.Chandrasekhar||Priyadarshini|
|4||Hospital Infection control committee||Dr.K.Chandrasekhar||Dr.Omprakash|
|5||Drug and therapeutic committee||Dr.K.Chandrasekhar||Naganna|
|6||Hospital Safety committee||Dr.P.Chytanya Deepak||Murthy|
|7||Medical record committee||Dr.M.S.Reddy||Dr.Swetha Reddy|